help me

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by kenny7275, Apr 19, 2014.

1. kenny7275

kenny7275 Reporter

I have a two inch well casing 100ft deep static water level is 16 ft single pipe packer is forty ft deep I have a sta rite mse 7 one hp vertical pump new foot valve new leathers new forty ft schedual 60 one inch pvc

I have two qiestions one I'm only getting 4 to 5 gpm shouldn't it be more
    Also if I isolate pump from blader tank preasire gauge drops in seconds but doesn't whe
    n not isolated why
    And also what should be cycle time if set at thirty fifty

I've ran well long periods striaght out hose and water is plentyfull and clear
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Water will not compress like the air in the tank does. It is the air in the tank that sustains the pressure.

Two things will affect GPM. The pump system and the supply. Maybe the well only makes 5 GPM? Maybe the spigot you are testing at can only pass 5 GPM?
  3. kenny7275

kenny7275 Reporter

I never thought about it that way ty