Help me rough in my bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

reilly8282

Reaction score
I just remodeled a dining room for a master bath, I have it all framed in and have a pretty good lay out. I am an Electrician by trade so I am familiar with construction but I am pretty lost on the plumbing. I have a shower drain, vanity sink, a toilet, and we moved the washer and dryer to a stacked unit.

I have done some research but nothing comes close to the actual layout I am faced with. My main drain line that goes to the septic tank is PVC until it hits the old cast clean out through the block wall in the basement. I am thinking about putting a vent behind the vanity, and connect the shower drain directly below the vanity. Then from there run a main drain line parallel to the common wall between the washer and toilet where they will connect. From the washer's trap I will connect a vent through the wall to the main stack vent. Would the toilet need to drain before or after the washer connection for the vent to work properly?

The main line is headed in the opposite direction of where the new plumbing needs to go and my new drain line will meet the old drain line in the middle of the house. Here is a small drawing of what I am facing and I will answer any questions needed to help give you guys better information. Thank you in advance, Reilly.

Plumbing.jpg

Attachments

• Plumbing.jpg
    Plumbing.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 155
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks