Help Me Remove This Moen Faucet From This Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

mondriano

Reaction score
First post. Go easy on me if this has been asked a million times before!

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to remove this Moen faucet from this sink. From all the "How to Replace a Sink" sites I found online, I was under the impression that the simplest part of this whole project would be the removal of the faucet. Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
First you have to unscrew the hot and cold eschuchians (cover plates).

Then you will need an allan key placed into the pop-up rod hole at the spout (I forget what size it is) and unscrew

mondriano

Reaction score
First you have to unscrew the hot and cold eschuchians (cover plates).

Then you will need an allan key placed into the pop-up rod hole at the spout (I forget what size it is) and unscrew

When you say eschuchians, do you mean the plates that contact the surface of the sink (see arrow)? Is there a specialized tool to grip such a thin surface? As you can see in the photo, there has already been damage done while trying to remove them. Thanks!

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, the plates (escutcheons)

Is there a specialized tool? not really. You need a very good pair of plumber's pliers or channel locks. You can always try loosening the allan screw first. That should give you enough play that you can probably spin them by hand

mondriano

Reaction score
Yes, the plates (escutcheons)

Is there a specialized tool? not really. You need a very good pair of plumber's pliers or channel locks. You can always try loosening the allan screw first. That should give you enough play that you can probably spin them by hand

Thanks for the help; I appreciate it. I'll give it a go, and let you know how it turns out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks