Help me identify this shower knob please

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by tarheelgirl, Jul 9, 2011.

1. tarheelgirl

tarheelgirl New Member

showerfaucethelp.jpg

I don't know anything about this faucet, so I'm hoping someone can help. The faucet turns on by pushing down on it and turns off by pushing up. The house was built in the early 1990's. I need to replace the acrylic knob. Thanks.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It may help us if you take a picture with the knob removed.
  3. tarheelgirl

tarheelgirl New Member

Picture with knob removed

I hope this helps. I've looked at Home Depot and Lowes and couldn't find any knobs that looked like this one.

Attached Files:

4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Welll, the good news is you came to the right place...the fountain of all-knowing gurus! Further good news is that we WILL figure it out. But at this time, I don't have the answer! I am only 67, and came to plumbing relatively late in life. We have a few guys on here who will nail that down.

The innards resemble Delta/Peerless or Valley. But the escutcheon screw holes above the stem are not right, at least not for the ones I can put my finger on. I am thinking the handle and/or the escutcheon may be replacements, hence no name. Based on the stem, I think certain Valley or Delta 600 handles might work.

Stay tuned, and if you wouldn't mind, take one more picture with the chrome plate removed. Some one will nail this down for you!
  5. tarheelgirl

tarheelgirl New Member

Picture with plate removed

I appreciate all the help :)

Attached Files:

6. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Looks like a Valley to me. There not made any more but Danco still makes some after market parts for them.

John