Help me decide between the Toto 550h and Kohler Veil Intelligent toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

uscpsycho

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between getting the Toto Neorest 550h and Kohler Veil Intelligent toilets.

The Veil is considerably cheaper and has more features. Notably UV light sanitation which Toto only offers on their MUCH more expensive top of the line toilet.

I'm on the verge of going with the Veil but have some questions before pulling the trigger.

Toto uses a bowl glazing they call CeFiONtect and Kohler is made from Vitreous China. They sound similar. Is there a practical difference?

Is Toto's cyclonic flushing system a big deal compared to the Veil's flushing action? I prefer toilets with strong flushing. Important enough that I started a separate thread with questions about this.

The Toto has auto flush but my experience with auto flushing toilets in public restrooms is pretty terrible. Is Toto's auto flush any more reliable? And since it is dual flush, how does it know whether to flush for #1 or #2?

Does anyone have enough experience with one or both to make a recommendation?

Going totally off topic for a second, I want a Kohler Numi for another bathroom. Anyone know where I can get a great deal on one? (Yes, of course I've checked online.)

Thanks! I'm new here and love that there is a forum dedicated to toilets!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks