HELP Jacuzzi Tub Leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

smule

Reaction score
Let me start with saying I am a complete novice to tubs/showers and any/all plumbing going along with them! Just realized this p.m. that my jacuzzi tub has a leak, when I turned on the jets relized that the water level was dropping quickly. I turned off the jets and drained the tub, when I got out it was obvious that the jets had been pumping water out, my closets are flooded. I have no idea of what to do or who to call for repairs, any advice is appreciated?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You need to call a blumber that works on / can make repairs on thoes kinds of tubs, not all plumbers do so ask B4 you tell them to come out.You also could call a jacuzzi dealer they repair them also. Do you have a basement? Is it tiled in place?

smule

Reaction score
CASS, thanks for your help, unfortunately no basement and no easy access. The original tub had an access panel on the outside but I just finished remodeling the bathroom and had tile placed around the tub, including the front and my tile man did not leave an access to the front. I guess there are two choices: knock out the tile or go through the wall in one of the closets. I dont think this is going to be pretty!

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
"You need to call a blumber that works on / can make repairs on thoes kinds of tubs" (credit to Cass, funny and to the point, but probably not intentional)

I would first call the "blumber" that installed it. Perhaps he used DWV fittings for a pressure system and one of them came apart.

smule

Reaction score
Bob NH, good idea, unfortunately the house is 15 yrs. old, I guess I could look up the original "Puilder"! I think I will have better luck calling a "blumber" that works on jacuzzi tubs...thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks