Help isolate SQE/CU301 problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Treetops, it sure looks like your well guy knows what's going on. What does he suggest?

If you do more shocking, I suggest you incorporate the Barney Moravec flooding volume thing.

Reach4

Reaction score
It was pretty impressive how much more flow you got the first time.

http://www.water-research.net/shockwelldisinfection.htm has some more info on well shocking, in case you were wondering how many ppm of chlorine you were using.... note that the well diameter affects the calculations.

You might also consider adding some acid to make the chlorine more effective.

treetops

Reaction score
It was pretty impressive how much more flow you got the first time.

http://www.water-research.net/shockwelldisinfection.htm has some more info on well shocking, in case you were wondering how many ppm of chlorine you were using.... note that the well diameter affects the calculations.

You might also consider adding some acid to make the chlorine more effective.

I will add vinegar next time I shock in a week or two.

Will do the flooding thing next spring. Down to -2of last nite
Thanks

treetops

Reaction score
An update: shocked the well again. This time 4 gallons of 6.25% bleach as last time but also with 8 gallons of vinegar this time.
To my great surprise, the flow rate is now off the scale on my flow meter. Meter tops out at 20 gpm.

WOW!! Started out before the first shocking at 10-11 gpm max. Increased to 12-13 gpm after first shock. Now 20+ gpm.
Did the vinegar have that much impact??
Hard to understand why such an improvement....but I will take it.
And will now annually shock the well as a maintenance procedure.

Now out of the woods. Thank you all for your help.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Vinegar makes a lot of difference. But you should add the vinegar first to lower the ph before adding the chlorine. Glad you got it working. I didn't think you would be able to clean it out after it built up so thick.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I mixed them in a pail with water; first water, then vinegar, then bleach.

Not what I mean. I poor the vinegar down the well and circulate it with a garden hose about 10 minutes before adding the chlorine and circulating it with a garden hose. Then I let it set for a while and pump the well out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks