Help installing water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I have to agree with Tom on this one, they are not a good choice when compared to a Clack of Fleck or even an Autortrol based system. I do training seminars all over the US and the opinion remains almost the same, very few technicians will touch those systems for a multitude of reasons. Don't take it personally, I have been working on systems for over 25 years, and when I run into one of those, I almost always recommend replacing them with a unit that is much larger, and that is easily serviced for decades. I will repair Kineticos, Culligans, Rainsoft, Rayne, Hellenbrand, but not the big box store units. Most field technicians consider those a disposable unit that does not justify repairing. I am sure you have done well with them and that is great, I wont touch them.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
You get what you pay for.

For the price you can afford to buy a new one every year or so.

Just to flip a House, you can screw the new owner, with cheap ass stuff.

And run quick...

Reach4

Reaction score
The old fleck softener still works, but we needed new one for a house we're selling and thought it would be nice to use a newer softener.
Are those flexible stainless lines going to make your install go easily?

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's nothing quality about it and just because it's made in America doesn't mean it isn't a crappy product. I don't know where you live or the water conditions you see most often but around here the water destroys whirlpool, kenmore, GE softeners in an average of five years. I have fleck valves in that have been running like clockwork for 30 plus years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks