Help IDing a bathroom sink part

Users who are viewing this thread

lwestmo

Reaction score
Hi all - hoping I might find someone who can tell me where I can purchase a replacement. We had an IKEA sink installed in our master bedroom a couple of years ago. When our plumber went to install the drain line, he found that we were missing a good deal of parts. So he did his own thing.

Fast forward a couple of years... the bolt that held the drain pipe to the underside of the bowl was plastic and it snapped inside this part and I need to replace it. (See picture and then the other parts to see how it's assembled). I cannot, for the life of me, find it. I've tried searching online, I've tried Home Depot, Lowes, Ferguson and no luck. I know my plumber cut it down before installing it.

I'd prefer to not buy a whole new drainkit because it's a two-bowl sink and the other side has no problems. I also have metal bolts from IKEA to replace the cheap plastic ones, so I won't run into this problem again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

20170111_221350.jpg 20170111_221420.jpg

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Why can't you just replace the plastic bolt wit a stainless steel bolt?
Is the issue removing the broken piece of plastic bolt?

lwestmo

Reaction score
Yes, the broken bolt is stuck inside the plastic part. Any ideas on how to remove a hollow plastic bolt without destroying the plastic piece?

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I would think it would be easy to drill into the center of the broken plastic bolt and insert a screw extractor. Without seeing the piece it's hard to know.
If you can drill a small hole in the exact center and keep increasing drill bit sizes you would get to the edge of thread grooves and maybe can then just use a pick to remove with is left in the thread grooves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks