Help identifying type of stem/ which brand of shower faucet to get.

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Marksluce, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Marksluce

Marksluce New Member

Greetings,

I am doing a bathroom redo. The faceplate and screws and faucet head got swept up while cleaning, and I can't locate them.

From what I remember about removing it, the screws were tough to get to and underneath the handle. The bracket shown below measures about an inch and a quarter. The house was built in the 1960s and I don't know if the bathroom had ever been redone (the former pink tile gives that away). Any assistance anyone could provide would be excellent. Here's some pix:

photo (3).JPG photo (2).jpg photo.jpg photo (1).jpg

Thank you very much.
  2. Marksluce

Marksluce New Member

I forgot, the screws are about 1 1/4 inches apart.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It's a standard Moen trim. The tile will need to be tapped out for access for the screws
  4. Marksluce

Marksluce New Member

Terry, thank you.

My question is, those screw holes on the bottom of the stem was where the screws for the old face plate screwed in. I don't remember (nor can I feel behind the tile) any other bracket for screws. I appreciate your help.

Best,
    Mark