Help identifying outdoor hydrant

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by nestork, Aug 5, 2012.

1. nestork

nestork Janitorial Technician

My sister's house was built in 1972 (I think). It has this outdoor water hydrant on the back wall of her house, and I believe it's original to the house:

LeftSide.jpg

RightSide.jpg

I'd like to know who made this hydrant so that I can replace the cartridge in it. I can't identify the cartridge and the nice man in the orange apron said "He wasn't sure.", but when pressed, conceded he didn't have a clue.

Can anyone in here identify this cartridge and tell me who made it? Thanks in advance.
  2. mikeplummer

mikeplummer Plumber

that is just a standard sediment faucet. no "cartridge". you can easily rebuild this with new washers and o-rings.
  3. nestork

nestork Janitorial Technician

thanks, Mike, but...

Thanks, Mike.

But, my other sister has the same kind of sediment faucet on her house just a few blocks away. So, I was wanting to get the "cartridge", or whatever you want to call it, from a faucet like this one so that between the two of them, they could have a spare. That way, if that faucet starts to leak on either one's house, I can replace it, and then rebuild the leaking one.

Would you have any idea who made this sediment faucet?