Help Identifying Grohe Shower Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

DanBMI

Reaction score
Hello I'm trying to replace the handle in our shower without ripping a wall down. I have tried and tried to find a handle that will fit this. It is a basic square...quick eye ball 1/4" sq. I can't find any identifiers on any of the parts.

I tried a moen replacement handle thinking it would work however it is slightly too small. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated so I can finish this shower up! Thanks! I have attached as many detailed pictures as I could.

Also the house was built mid seventies, I imagine the shower was put in then.

Thanks for any help.
-Dan

Attachments

• 2016-03-25 (1).jpg
    2016-03-25 (1).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,416
  • 2016-03-25 (2).jpg
    2016-03-25 (2).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 2,111
  • 2016-03-25.jpg
    2016-03-25.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 658
Last edited:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
A good way to identify the shower faucet is to shut off the water and remove the cartridge. Lay it down next to a ruler and a take up close infocus pictures of the side and both ends of the cartridge.

DanBMI

Reaction score
A good way to identify the shower faucet is to shut off the water and remove the cartridge. Lay it down next to a ruler and a take up close infocus pictures of the side and both ends of the cartridge.
Thanks. I ended up just dremeling a bit of the Moen adapter to make it fit. $8. Works for me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks