Help identifying faucet stem part

Users who are viewing this thread

kathleeng24

Reaction score
I am having difficulty identifying the brand of this faucet stem and where I can purchase it. The house was built around the 1940s/1950s and I do not believe this part has been replaced since then. I have tried going to several stores, but have had no luck. I attached a photo of it for reference. If anyone can help me, it is very much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4859.JPG
    IMG_4859.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 341

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A photo of it next to a ruler so we can tell how long it is, and if the end where the handle attaches is broken off. It my be Wolverine, but would have to lay it next to a full size drawing to be sure.

Last edited:

kathleeng24

Reaction score
A photo of it next to a ruler so we can tell how long it is, and if the end where the handle attaches is broken off. It my be Wolverine, but would have to lay it next to a full size drawing to be sure.

Yes, this was part of the hot water handle that broke off. According to my uncle, this was around 4in-5inches

Last edited:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you have the bonnet nut and if so can you put it in the picture? Does the other stem have a broach? If you could remove the good stem and lay it next to a ruler as HJ said, that might help identify what you have. Also it would be helpful if you could take a straight on, in focus photo of the end of the broach on the good stem to determine the shape and how many points are on the broach. You could count the points around the broach and that would be helpful. The broach is where the handle attaches. If there is a diverter, you could take it out and take a photo.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks