Help Identifying American Standard Shower Faucet

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by gysmo1, Jan 25, 2013.

  1. gysmo1

    gysmo1 New Member

    Jan 25, 2013

    I need help identifying an American Standard shower faucet from the late 70's or early 80's. The shower is unused but the cartridge needs to be replaced as it is leaking.

    Shower head.jpg




    Thank you very much!
  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    It is the "push/pull" valve. It uses a spring and stem with a rubber seal. It doesn't have a "cartridge". Once you open the drywall a little more, you will find the operating mechanism is secured with two bolts. There will be two "caps" on the top which give you access to the stems under them.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Help Identifying
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Leaking bathtub faucet. Need help identifying three handle variety. Dec 18, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Need help identifying this shower valve Nov 24, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Help identifying 1-handle shower faucet valve Sep 22, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Need help identifying shower valve (leaks) Sep 14, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog help identifying this tub/shower rough in to replace the trim Sep 4, 2014

Share This Page