Help identifying a shower valve (and color)

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by cbl, Jun 22, 2007.

1. cbl

cbl New Member

Anyone seen this before? I need a brand and color. My customer just wants the trim replaced. Also the name of the trim color for the shower door.

Picture here:

www.californiabathliners.com/whatisthis

Thanks!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

Price Pfister Avante antique brass. The octagon plate is still available at some sites but not in antique brass. Chrome and polished brass may be the only options.
  3. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

I think your customer should replace her grout or at least clean it.. geez
  4. cbl

cbl New Member

Thanks for helping me ID the fixture. I won the replacement parts on **** today for $0.99+17.00 s/h.

The entire (65"x 40")tiled floor and walls are getting a liner system to cover it all up.
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Don't know what you mean by a "liner" but adding wall thickness will possilby cause the handle and trim not to fit!

If it is a glue-on wall kit, the manufacturers that I am familiar with recommend NOT installing over existing tile. I believe it is related to not getting proper set of the glue on a non-porous surface.

Anyway, whatever you do , read the specs and instructions that come with it.