Valley, Help Identifying a older Valley tub/shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

daniel tran

Reaction score
Can someone help me identify what is delta model number on these pictures .

valley-tran-1.jpg

valley-tran-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

daniel tran

Reaction score
Thank you so much HJ , where can I buy the parts and replace it ? Is it hard to do or I have to call plumber ?

daniel tran

Reaction score
I took the pictures to the hardware store , they give me this " Danco 80686 Valley Seat and Springs " and remove the old one and replace the new one in , its work . Thank you HJ , if I don't ask , I thought its delta faucet .

danco-80686-valley.jpg

Danco 80686 Valley Seat and Springs

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I also replace the cartridge, which most hardware and big box stores have. It is white and shaped somewhat like a kids toy top.

valley-shower-pb.jpg

daniel tran

Reaction score
I also replace the cartridge, which most hardware and big box stores have. It is white and shaped somewhat like a kids toy top.

Even the faucet is not leaking anymore ,
Danco 80978 VA-1 Cartridge For Valley Single-Handle Faucet

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I do not replace the seals and springs and THEN detemine if it is still leaking. Once I have it apart I do the whole thing because people are paying me for my time, NOT to take it apart a second time and then change the cartridge if necessary. The bottom of the plastic core can develop a concave surface over time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks