Help identifying a Moen bathtub valve brand

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Biologist, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Biologist

Biologist New Member

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

A Moen 1225B cartridge will work for that. It's a Moen valve
  3. Anthony Curtas

Anthony Curtas New Member

Is that the only "standard" Moen valve in old homes? Not sure how prevalent they were. My house was 1978 and my valves look just like that (I know they are Moen because all the trim and sink faucets are the same and say Moen -- on the ones you can still read). I have one leaking a small drip and two others holding fine. Can't say if they're original, since we've only been here a few years. Sadly no local shutoffs, so I can't just pull it and take it to a plumbing supply house.

Sorry to jump on your thread, OP -- I was about to post your exact question.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

In 1978 that was what Moen was using. It was years later before they came out with the Posi-Temp valve with a new 1222 cartridge.
  5. Anthony Curtas

Anthony Curtas New Member

Thanks Terry!