Help identify LB conduit body

Users who are viewing this thread

SDmark

Reaction score
I have what I think is called an LB 90 on an exterior wall. It's metal, circa 1973. The cover broke or disappeared years ago and I'd like to take another stab at replacing the "temporary" duct tape cover. The problem is that the cover was some kind of snap in: there are small indentations in the fitting top and bottom, but NO holes. Replacing the entire fitting would require pulling it out of the wall and maybe unscrewing conduit in the interior wall, so would rather find a replacement cover. Does anyone know who made these and where I can buy one today?

Thanks,
Mark

Electrical fitting.jpg

SDmark

Reaction score
Yes! That must be it, or very close. Thank you! Would it matter whether I use steel or aluminum? Not sure what the fitting is...

Reach4

Reaction score
A magnet would tell you quickly.

SDmark

Reaction score
See? This is why I come here, to meet the clever people :). It's steel...

Just noticed on the side of the fitting is a stamped logo. It's a cube, with an letter in each of three visible faces. H on the left, probably D on the right, can't read the top. Should I be looking for this brand, and what is it?

Electrical fitting logo.jpg

SDmark

Reaction score
Finally got around to going by Cashway Electric yesterday. They sold me an Appleton APP270IG 3/4" cover and gasket for $1.50.

Reach4, thanks for your help in identifying this. It made asking for the right thing a snap.

Norcal01

Reaction score
The LB a Crouse-Hinds brand, they are still in business but as you found Appleton makes one that fits.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks