Help finding 5.5' x 32" tub with offset drain

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by tomcat22, Jan 10, 2008.

1. tomcat22

tomcat22 New Member

I ran across a Kohler tub (Dynametric) (http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/105007_4.pdf) that is exactly what I'm looking for except it's cast iron. Would prefer acrylic. Does anybody know any other similar tubs with the offset drain? I'm looking for a 5.5' by 32" wide tub with the drain located 15" from the alcove side. Thanks for any help.
  2. thats a big one.....

That one will certainly test out your manhood...

I hope it dont have to go upstairs......

you might want to try the Sterling catalogue to
    see what they might have......

I have not seen anything

call around to local plumbing supply houses and ask
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tub

Which wall is the "alcove side"? I am sure it is clear to you, but an alcove has 3 sides. Any non-standard drain location would have such a limited demand that it would not be economically feasible for a manufacturer to produce one.
  4. tomcat22

tomcat22 New Member

You're right about three walls to the alcove! I meant from the long side of the alcove in order to avoid a joist running parellel to the long dimension of the tub.
  5. Nate R

Nate R New Member

I don't know of a 5.5 ft tub for you, but Lyons makes a 32" wide tub, and the drain is 15" away from the long wall. To the center of the drain, that is. (The tub edge is wider on the outside than it is on the inside, so the drain is actually centered in the basin.)