HELP ! - Did a dumb thing with drain cleaner

Users who are viewing this thread

BajaJoe

Reaction score
Hi All,

I live in a 50 yr old house with no basement, the tub/shower drain has always been very slow, but lately it takes Hours for it to drain after a shower, So Last night I poured half a bottle of ZEP 10 minute hair clog remover, and the liquid seemed to drain fast, so I ran the water and drained slow, I poured about half a bottle and let sit overnight.

So today when I took a shower, water began to puddle on the floor and my feet began to feel really HOT !, so I quickly exited the shower and think that the acid might have come up.

What can I do now to clear the clog ???? now I have standing water with acid????

I dont know how to clear the acid so I can try to snake the pipe?

Is it safe to use a plunger?

TIA for any help.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
master plumber mark said:
call a plumber and have the line snaked
Do what he said.
IF you have a galvanized steele drain you might have rust built up...acid drain cleaners are the worst possible thing for any cast iron or steele pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks