Help diagnosing well problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Reboot

Reaction score
Pumping to a large non-pressurized storage tank from a poorly producing well is a sound design. When choosing a submersible pump for inside the tank, be aware that some models need to have a sleeve added to force water to flow past the motor for cooling.

LLigetfa- Thanks for your input. You are the only one that has given an opinion on my plans. It seems logical to me . . . but I am not experienced with this so it's kind of a shot in the dark for me. Thank you.

Hey ballvalve-
I have plans for that too. I could dig a section of the creek down abt a foot or two, place a foot valve in there, cover with hardware cloth and replace the rocks.

I do like the simplicity of your solution !

Michael

WellWaterProducts

In the trades
Reaction score
Most households get by on 100 to 200 gallons each day so harvesting the water into a big tank may be suitable. If you are considering getting water via rain and brooks, consider a second tank(cistern) for that water and direct it to toilets and other uses were the biological purity of the water is less of an issue than consumptive and cleaning purposes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks