Help decided Drake ver1 Vs Ultramax 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Raf

Reaction score
Remodeling our downstairs bath that gets used often by family and guests. Last year I installed a one piece champion 4 in master bath and it works like a tank but i just found this forum now and its making me rethink my plans. I was going to get another champ4 but now leaning towards toto.
debating between these two
Drake ver 1
pros: stronger flush (higher map score) and $100 cheaper, strong flush G-max flush
cons: not good bowl wash
Ultramax II
pro: one piece, cyclone flush
cones: weak

I want to get the ultramax II to have one piece and better rinse, but that super low MAP score concerns me. why is it so weak. It seems like 1000 is the new standard and its a 500. So do I spend an extra $100 for a weaker toilet that may get clogged?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Mapp scores are like horsepower ratings. Ya gotta have some, but unless you're running the Dayton or Indy 500, there comes a point that HP is meaningless. Any toilet with a rating of 500 will work just fine. ANY Toto will meet or exceed that number. But the one that you like and you'll love it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I recently pulled three Champion one-piece toilets out and replaced with the Ultramax II. The homeowner had previously had the TOTO, but fell for the MaP rating and the CR reports. Now he's back to TOTO.

Anything 500 grams are more is very good. Some of the test varies. The older reports used bean paste, the newer reports wrap with plastic. Plastic wrapping increases the numbers over non-wrapped. I'm guessing you don't poop into plastic bags first.

Raf

Reaction score
I recently pulled three Champion one-piece toilets out and replaced with the Ultramax II. The homeowner had previously had the TOTO, but fell for the MaP rating and the CR reports. Now he's back to TOTO.

Anything 500 grams are more is very good. Some of the test varies. The older reports used bean paste, the newer reports wrap with plastic. Plastic wrapping increases the numbers over non-wrapped. I'm guessing you don't poop into plastic bags first.

only after Taco Bell. Just placed order the Ultramax II

Raf

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for seal? stick with old school wax ring? or do the new rubber ones work better? this will be my first self toilet install curious which is better to use.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm an advocate of keep it simple (and cheap!)...wax works just fine. The magic to getting a long-term quality result is to follow the instructions that Terry's son put in as a 'sticky' at the top of this forum. Essentially, test fit the toilet to make sure it will sit on the floor without rocking, and, if not, shim it. Then, remove, add the wax, and reset onto the shims. A rocking toilet will break the wax seal...a solid one...it will last until you decide to replace the toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks