HELP! Clog or Septic? Backflow in tub!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

MG

Reaction score
Your rent may not be due until the 15th, but you could take a different route. Get the thing fixed and short your landlord that amount - send along the receipt as well. If he doesn't like it call an attorney.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The advice here has all been predicated on the fact or assumption that working on the septic tank requires the approval of the landlord. This may or may not be true in all jurisdictions, but it is certainly something that should be verified. It is the responsibility of the owner to maintain the sewer, so if the work can be done without the owners approval, my opinion is to have it done and deduct the costs from the next rent payment. If it came to a legal fight, if you have all of the receipts for the work done and have photos of everything, I think a small claims court would find in your favor. You could probably get any cost of clean up paid as well. Main thing is to have written and visual proof of everything.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks