Help!! Clawfoot Tub Wall Faucet Plumbing!

Users who are viewing this thread

PresidentsDad

Reaction score
Hey all...
I need some help. I have a wall in my new bathroom with 1/2" copper piping. I had planned to hook up a Delta shower valve on one side of the wall for the shower, with a diverter, body jets, hand shower and rain head. On the other side of the same wall, I had planned to install a wall mounted tub filler. Most of the one's I have seen look like an old telephone and have some sort of threaded elbows that attach to the water supply within the wall and then those elbows adjust slightly left and right and hook up to the actual faucet. My problem is you have to have access to the back of the wall to install them. Could I use something like the following in which to sort of "rough" plumb it and then simply screw the faucet elbows into this apparatus after I finish the wall? See the link below to know what I'm talking about. If this will not work, what SHOULD I use??

http://www.elkhartproducts.com/solder-joint/detail.cfm?id=4708

Thanks in advance!!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Use "drop ear adapter elbows" just like you should have at all the shower openings. You do NOT need access to the inside of the wall to connect it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks