HELP - Broken Pipe Under Tile

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mostgold, Dec 14, 2008.

1. mostgold

mostgold New Member

Hello,

I would like to ask the forum what it the best way to handle the following plumbing repair.

It appears that a feed line pipe for our Roman bath spigot broke just below the bathtub tile. I've taken off the spigot and can feel the broken pipe just below the tile level. I've attached links to three (3) photos of the situation. Note the missing spigot in between the faucets where I have removed it.

Where should I cut into the tile..from the top where the faucets and spigot are OR from the side inside from the shower stall.

Photos can be seen at: [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Steve
    steve_goldberg@comcast.net
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber