Help a Toilet Novice-Dual Flush or Low Flow?

Users who are viewing this thread

madjack

Reaction score
Hello, I am going to replace my older toilet with something that conserves water. I like the idea of a dual flush but I have a limited budget - about $250- can I get a dual flush for that? I am also not very handy but I have a friend who is and who is willing to help install it. Are the dual flush models more complicated to install? If I were to contract with a plumber to do it, what could I expect to pay?
Thanks. Sorry if these are basic questions but I am a total novice!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think you'll spend more than that for a dual flush. The Eco Drake uses 1.28gallons/flush. Depending on where you live and your dealers, it might be around that.

Replacing a toilet normally isn't a big deal, but there could be hidden problems not obvious until the old one is removed.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I don't have good feelings about dual flush...
My vision is that a house guest unfamiliar with it drops a big # 2 and presses the little button.

I feel a lot more comfortable with the slammin 1.28 Gallon per flush Toto Eco Drake... I like plumbing to be idiot proof if at all possible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks