Help a Toilet Novice-Dual Flush or Low Flow?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by madjack, Apr 19, 2008.

1. madjack

madjack New Member

Hello, I am going to replace my older toilet with something that conserves water. I like the idea of a dual flush but I have a limited budget - about $250- can I get a dual flush for that? I am also not very handy but I have a friend who is and who is willing to help install it. Are the dual flush models more complicated to install? If I were to contract with a plumber to do it, what could I expect to pay?
    Thanks. Sorry if these are basic questions but I am a total novice!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I think you'll spend more than that for a dual flush. The Eco Drake uses 1.28gallons/flush. Depending on where you live and your dealers, it might be around that.

Replacing a toilet normally isn't a big deal, but there could be hidden problems not obvious until the old one is removed.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I don't have good feelings about dual flush...
    My vision is that a house guest unfamiliar with it drops a big # 2 and presses the little button.

I feel a lot more comfortable with the slammin 1.28 Gallon per flush Toto Eco Drake... I like plumbing to be idiot proof if at all possible.
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Waste of money getting a dual flush. Get a Toto Drake and live happily ever after.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I guess with an ending like that it should have been Papa Bear taking a big #2.
    LOL