Users who are viewing this thread

GrowLLLTigeRRR

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have searched the forums and I can not find an answer to this question. I did however find a similar question by a first time poster from 2012 that went unanswered:

Here is his post:

Hi. This is my first post and thank you for the awesome website. I have been reading a lot from this site, thanks.

I did lots of search but couldn't find an color matching answer regarding American Standard's Arctic White.
Seems like, according to this forum, Toto's Colonial White matches the Amercian Standard's new White.
Is Arctic White whiter than American Standard's White?

I kindly would like to ask for the Toto's color that would match American Standard's arctic white.(and whether arctic white is white than American Standard's white).

Here is my question:

I know that Toto cotton white matches Kohler white and Toto plantation white matches American Standard white but I have two cotton white Toto Drake toilets that I want to use with an American Standard tub (the 60" X 36" Evolution model undermounted).

Will American Standard arctic white better match Toto cotton white? Are the differences even significant enough to worry about?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It often depends on the substrate. A glaze on a white china substrate will look different than the same glaze on a something darker, such as cast iron. How the light reflects off the different planes also affects your perception. There was once a company that had green and blue fixtures, but you could NOT tell the difference between them unless you put them side by side..

GrowLLLTigeRRR

Reaction score
It often depends on the substrate. A glaze on a white china substrate will look different than the same glaze on a something darker, such as cast iron. How the light reflects off the different planes also affects your perception. There was once a company that had green and blue fixtures, but you could NOT tell the difference between them unless you put them side by side..

Thank you hj,

That is good to know. I'm not sure the toilet in the room with the tub will even be visible at the same time as the tub so it may not make much of a difference. The American Standard white looks a bit dingy to me and the arctic white appears to have something of a blueish cast but I think the arctic is a closer match to the Toto cotton white. I don't think American Standard makes anything other than their bathtubs in arctic white though. All that I think that I know about this however is from reading about it because nobody near me who carries American Standard has color samples! Moreover none of them have the tub that I'm thinking about in stock. It must be ordered special. Bummer...

Thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks