Hello, Shower faucet questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

niko

Reaction score
Website
www.shop.inthehumidor.com
Great site here. I am purchasing a house that was built in 1999. I just had the home inspected and they said there were problems with the bathroom shower faucets.

He said the faucets in the master and main bathrooms had there cartridges reversed. The tub in the main bathroom he couldn't get any hot water out of. When you turn the handle all the way it stays cold and as you continue to turn it the water shuts of then back on again.

Is this an easy fix or what do i have to know ahead of time?

All answers are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I forgot to mention these are Delta faucets and this home is a forclosure so i have to do the work myself.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm guessing here, but if it is a pressure-balanced valve, the spool valve may be stuck. On some, you can take it out, clean it, lubricate it and replace. If that doesn't work, put a new one in. Course, it could be something else. It could also be that there is a screen on the inlet, and it is all crudded up on the hot side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks