Heatworks Model 1, tankless water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Kayleigh Bohannan

Reaction score
in the interest of full discloser I work for the company that makes the Heatworks MODEL 1 tankless electric water heater. if you, or any one in the forum, has any questions about the MODEL 1 please feel free to ask and I would be happy to answer. we have come a long way since the kickstarter days and i am sure the nature of the questions have evolved. we are in fact the world's first fully digital electric tankless water heater. what that means is we do not use a heating element at all. instead we use graphite electrodes which, in short, means no more plating or scaling, no super heated part waiting to fail, and quicker more efficient hot water delivered to you (truly) instantaneously! i have seen this thing work in action, right before my eyes so i know this isn't as good as a consumer review but i am here to help. thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
what that means is we do not use a heating element at all. instead we use graphite electrodes which, in short, means no more plating or scaling, no super heated part waiting to fail, and quicker more efficient hot water delivered to you (truly) instantaneously!

Are you saying that that water heater produces heat by passing current through the water?

Reach4

Reaction score
I was wondering how the graphite electrodes are involved in generating heat.

Kayleigh Bohannan

Reaction score
I was wondering how the graphite electrodes are involved in generating heat.

The electrodes utilize the natural conductivity of water to excite the molecules and basically the water heats itself. We call it Direct Energy Transfer as opposed to Direct Heat Transfer, which is what the heating element in your tank uses. I hope this clarifies it a bit. Let me know if you would like more info. Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks. When you pass DC through tap water you get hydrogen and oxygen, and if the water has salt, you get chlorine instead of part of the oxygen and you get sodium hydroxide. If the chlorine is confined, it could recombine with sodium hydroxide. Maybe with AC, things get undone quickly.

Kayleigh Bohannan

Reaction score
Thanks. When you pass DC through tap water you get hydrogen and oxygen, and if the water has salt, you get chlorine instead of part of the oxygen and you get sodium hydroxide. If the chlorine is confined, it could recombine with sodium hydroxide. Maybe with AC, things get undone quickly.

Reach4 thanks for your input. However, we use AC so there are no issues with this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks