Heating pipe in concrete slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Miketinternet

Reaction score
I have a house in the northeast that was built in 1965 and there is probably 3 or 4 areas where about 6ft of heating pipe is in the slab. I have recently encountered a leak in the concrete and I was wondering if it makes sense to try to fix the one area or replace the whole zone loop ? Some say if the copper was in a sleeve it could last a long time but others say it might be hard to get a clean connection to patch it is so with time and materials it could get expensive patching and there is no guarantee other parts wouldn't fail.

If I replaced the loop I think I could abandon what is there and keep it all out of the concrete since the house layout has changed a bit and with pex it looks easier to route pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks