Heating My Shed Natural Gas

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by River Rat, Oct 28, 2007.

1. River Rat

River Rat New Member

I have just put up a 14' X 16" shed and would like to heat it in the Winter time, I would like to know what type of Natural Gas Heater you would put into this Shed? Also is there any other type of heat I should be looking at, that would be cheaper than Natural Gas?

I live in Northwest Ohio. :confused: :) :confused:
  2. Wall or free-standing heaters are effective.

If you plan on doing anything in that shed involving chemical sprays or fine dust, that is considered extremely dangerous with this method of heating.

Those water/oil type heaters are considered safer.....with the removal of point of ignition situations.
  3. River Rat

River Rat New Member

Can you explain on what would be the best way to heat it useing the safest heating system out there for this size of builting?

The most effect system: would be?
  4. River Rat

River Rat New Member

I have the trench dug and now would be the time to put heating in it, it is better than 100 feet away from my house.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

heater

A through the wall heater is the only safe one for a building that small, and also gives safety against exposions because the intake and exhaust occur outside the building.
  6. River Rat

River Rat New Member

Can you gave some Brand Names so I can look the up? This way I can see what you mean and what you are talking about.
  7. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

heater

Grainger #1RD25, and 6XZ71 are some versions. The manufacturer is COZY and their numbers for them are BBT53 and CF353C
  9. Rancher

Rancher Guest

A "Mr. Heater" sitting on a 20# bottle of propane is the easiest way, much cheaper than trenching in a new natural gas pipe line. And you can move it to the garage if you want, or that ice fishing hut if you're into that.

Rancher