Heating for homes

Users who are viewing this thread

Magneto

Reaction score
Yesterday I had an argument with a buddy of mine and what people are doing for heating nowadays. So to my best available knowledge central heating is growing larger every year, with different variation of how it is done. From Ductless, ventilation, radiant floor heating, and even hydronic heating which type of heating do you see being most popular in your community today?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
In my area, the most popular heating is natural gas forced air furnace. We have natural available everywhere in the flat land and most hills.

Since our summers are pretty hot, we have a lot of combo units which provide either one: cooling or heating, using the same ducting system.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
In high-end new housing hydronic radiant floors and ducted AC is pretty popular here. In tract housing condensing gas furnaces with or without AC coils in the air handlers rule.

Off the gas-grid ductless and ducted heat pumps are starting to make a mark, but propane/oil hot-air are still dominant, despite having a higher marginal operating cost than the better heat pump technology.

Magneto

Reaction score
Thanks for the solid answers guys and girls. In my community it seems that hydronic radiant heating is pulling away. Followed by conventional gas methods such as ducts, and ductless. It's unbelievable how many people are slowly renovating their homes with PEX for the piping and heating aspect. Seems like in 20 years copper will be used more often for other industries than plumbing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks