heat pump thermostat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Fox

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am usually over at the shower/tub section but I have an issue with my heatpump/AC system/thermostat. It runs cuts off for about 3 minutes(depending on time of day) and kicks back on. This startup cycle has got to be killing my wallet!

I had this condenser replaced 1.5 years ago the air handler is original. I have two 3 ton systems for my 1995 track Arizona home. Yes, its hot but the other unit runs longer but stays off longer too.
Is this a thermostat issue. I read the setup instructions and couldnt find any faults during the setup. I do have the thermostat set on "hold" it is a programmable themostat but my wife is a stay at home mom so no programmable schedule for cost savings.

Any ideas before I have to make my service call?

thanks,
Chris

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This is not my area, but could it be the high pressure cutout? Or, a thermal overload? Read the user info for troubleshooting to see what if anything, has a timer on it.

Often, you can hear the thermostat activating or see the status on the display. Is it turning on and off, or is it continuously calling for the a/c function? If the compressor is operating as the thermostat asks, it may not be the a/c unit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks