Hear water running at toilet with valve off

Users who are viewing this thread

mrsjoe

Reaction score
The fill line was leaking into our toilet last weekend, so we turned the water off at the toilet and emptied the tank until we can replace the fill line next weekend. We have 2 bathrooms, so it wasn't urgent.
I am hearing what sounds like water running in the pipes near that toilet now. It sounds like when the toilet fills (but very faintly). But the valve is off, there is no water coming into the tank.
It's very odd, and it just started, I have been in the bathroom several times to shower and didn't hear it all week before today.
I checked our crawlspace, no obvious signs of water down there that I could tell, but of course it would have to be a pretty good leak before I think it would show down there.
Please don't tell me to check my water meter to see if it's running to indicate a leak, because it WOULD be running because my other bathroom tub has a slight drip , another thing on the long list of things needing repair.
But I don't think the sound of water running is from the drip in the other bath, the drip has been doing that for weeks and the sound of water running is new. The only thing new is using the shut off valve to turn the water off at this toilet.
I checked all the other faucets in and outside the house.
Any ideas why I would hear water running? Could the shut off be leaking somewhere I can't see (in the wall)?
Thanks in advance.

mrsjoe

Reaction score
I just figured out the problem..thanks anyway, folks. Sorry to bother ya.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks