HD Everbilt Corrugated stainless steel water connectors

Users who are viewing this thread

parity_check

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm installing my new gas water heater. The local Home Depot sells 3/4" Everbilt flex steel connectors. They seem sturdy enough but I can clearly tell the the inside diameter is smaller than a straight 3/4" copper pipe. Will this impact my flow? I have a shower on my 3rd story of my townhome and don't want a weak shower or a slow tub fill. My PSI is pretty good and averages around 60 at the ground level where the water heater is.

I looked at the sharkbite and they are even narrower! so I will either sweat copper directly to the dielectric nipples or go with the steel connectors.

Why does nobody mention issues with flow regarding these connectors when they clearly appear that they would cause issues?

Maybe I over thinking this but I like doing things right one time.

Thanks.

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's a special place in Hell for folks who hard-pipe/solder water heaters in place. Why not just use a standard, old-fashioned
corrugated copper flex pipe w/union nuts. No restriction to speak of.

J_Bert

Reaction score
There's a special place in Hell for folks who hard-pipe/solder water heaters in place. Why not just use a standard, old-fashioned
corrugated copper flex pipe w/union nuts. No restriction to speak of.

What is the issue with hard pipe on the water heater? The water heater here is that way and I just want to make sure it isn't a safety issue.

Also, wouldn't feeding a larger 60psi feed into a tighter pipe actually make the pressure higher?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
In some parts of the country, the supply lines to the cold side and the outgoing hot are hard metal (mostly copper).

In others parts, we use flex supply lines, due to earthquakes.

You just go by your local code.

Parity_check - the supply flexes you showed in your post are fine. But check your code first, by calling a local plumber or your building department.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks