Having trouble installing garbage disposal:

Users who are viewing this thread

oldberkeley

Reaction score
New disposal in new sink.

Got everything in OK up to here. Last couple of steps: "Hang disposer by aligning 3 mounting tabs with slide-up ramps on mounting ring. Turn mounting ring until all 3 mounting tabs lock over the ridges on the slide-up ramps."

Just can't get the 3 tabs to engage! Very awkward, difficult, frustrating.

Help!

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I put the disposer on my toe and work it into alignment that way. If my foot is too short, I put my heel on something to bring it up. Work the rubber up into place first, then check to make sure the ring will rotate for you, then push the ring up and turn it. Stick the tool that comes with the disposer into one of the loops and tighten it up. Awkward difficult and frustrating, even if you've done a few.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the disposer is close enough t the front of the cabinet I use my knee to hold it in place, otherwise I place a hydraulic jack under it and lift it up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks