Has anyone noticed this on the deers?

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness Forum' started by Cookie, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Cookie

Cookie .

Has anyone noticed how thick and dark the fur is on the deer's right now? It is going to be a very cold winter, I think. It is so early for this on them. I got a deer, who was born on my property, amongst many others, but, this one, has taken a liking to me, from the year he was born in 2006. I saw him outside looking in the garden window and went down to feed him and I can't believe how dark it is, and thick. That is a sign of bad weather, I think. I can't recall seeing it this dark, and feeling it so thick.
  2. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

Remember that a fed wild animal is a dead wild animal. Unless they are stuck in snow to their ears.
  3. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

I think that you are one of the lucky few that get to enjoy nature to its finest.

Around here they will not let you get close to them, Unless maybe you have a feeder.

I don't like the way people hunt out of season using their automobile.

It was their land before we went and put a Highway thru it.
  4. Cookie

Cookie .

I don't like hunting at all. I was married to this man who was so funny. We own a cabin in the woods, and, it is pretty rural, lots of animals. So, he would go up the hill, with the national forest at the edge of our property and take his gun. He did this since the 80's. He was going hunting. I said, "okay..." lol.

So, I sat on the porch, listening to the grouse, writing my columns for the newsaper, sipping my coffee, enjoying it all, watching the deer walk by, the bear go by, the turkey go by, and eventually, down comes my husband.

He would say, every time, " I didn't see anything."