Has anyone ever follen thru the ceiling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bratan

Reaction score
Just curious :) Cause I did today. Well just my leg fell thru. I have a wasp infestation somewhere (I think they coming from the bathroom went because I find one or two each day (mostly dead). I was sure there was a nest on the attic so I got on my beekeper suit, flashlight and went to investigate. Didn't find any wasps but my leg slipped from the stud and fell thru :( Now that swelling is down and I can walk, I imagine it was quite funny to see from the side. Wasps (if they were there) might have died on their own laughing...
Off to Loews for some drywall before duct tape gives up:) I hope I can patch it with 2'x2' piece of sheetrock...
ceiling_hole.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Well..........always somthing I consider while I'm in an attic. There has been a time or two when I almost put my foot through. :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you are going to slip, going thru a piece of sheetrock is the best way to do it. Not like one plumber I knew who slipped while walking over a vat of molten steel. He caught himself just in time.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
A few years ago a fellow I hired went right through the floor. Blew out the ceiling below and landed with both feet firm on the hardwood floor below. Thankfully no one was hurt.

A few months ago I slipped doing demo and went sailing. My foot punched out the drop down ceiling below.

Scary.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
My previous employer once had to unplug a sewer line using a flat 1" wide metal tape. The vent had a coffee can over it so he removed it and inserted the tape down the pipe. He had an obstruction about 4' down so he pulled back and rammed the tape down. It broke through the obstruction, which happened to be the middle of a bedroom ceiling that had been remodeled when they abandoned that vent stack.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I fell out of a Hay Loft trying to kiss the neighbor girl.

Does that count ?

Queen50

Reaction score
Just curious :) Cause I did today. Well just my leg fell thru. I have a wasp infestation somewhere (I think they coming from the bathroom went because I find one or two each day (mostly dead). I was sure there was a nest on the attic so I got on my beekeper suit, flashlight and went to investigate. Didn't find any wasps but my leg slipped from the stud and fell thru :( Now that swelling is down and I can walk, I imagine it was quite funny to see from the side. Wasps (if they were there) might have died on their own laughing...
Off to Loews for some drywall before duct tape gives up:) I hope I can patch it with 2'x2' piece of sheetrock...
View attachment 25747
It would have been worse if you had found the wasps first!

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Around here, You Will have a wasp in the house now and then. No biggie.

They come in when you open a door. They will protect their nest. I do not bother them, they just want back outside. I have Honey Bees also.

Now and then, we get snakes in the house, because they live in the garage and come in when the door is open.
I just catch them and send them back outside.

I wonder why we don't have mice ?

8claw

Lol! Snakes munch all those mice. They love to swallow them very much.

Bratan

Reaction score
Snakes in garage? Yikes! I hope they are not poisonous :)
I have cats to catch mice over here :) And they do! But wasps, no thanks! I figured out I had infestation, there were probably a thousand or more in the nest inside the wall. Frequently they'd find their way thru walls and opening for heating pipes and into my bathroom.
wasps.jpg

I was afraid to brush my teeth or shave because they would come from under the sink. Sometimes I find them around toilet rim, yeah almost got stung where sun don't shine :) Anyway I called exterminator and he sprinkled in all siding holes with tempo dust. That made things so much worse, I now had hundreds wasps crawling in EVERY room of the house, stairs, ceiling, etc.
I heard them moving and crunching inside light fixtures in the ceiling. They were in the basement and garage too. I guess it's open highway inside walls... It took a month and 3 more visits from exterminator to finally get rid of them. But I still go to the bathroom with electric fly swatter just in case :)
Oh and that fall thru the ceiling had bad effect on my leg, it's been swelling and hurting for several weeks, I did x-rays and ultrasounds but they didn't find anything. Stay safe, and watch where you step! :)
ceiling_hole_patched.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks