Hansgrohe thermobalance 11

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by lsil, Feb 1, 2009.

1. lsil

lsil New Member

Has anyone used this shower faucet?
    We have a hot water on demand boiler system, and are worried that the thermostat will deplete the hot water too quickly.
    When we shower if the hot water comes out to quickly it can be depleated fast and you have to cut back on the hot volume.But once you get it regulated we have sufficeint hot water.

The temp control and volume control are in the same handle which changes by pushing in .
    It seems like a good alternative tho the thermostat controlled units that grohe sells.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Lin
  2. Howard Emerson

Howard Emerson I teach guitar:You call that a job?

Hi Lin,
    I have a Hansgrohe as you describe, with the Talis trim, and really, one thing has nothing to do with the other.

On mine you only push in the front ring to override the high-temp limit, but other than that is turns freely from one stop to another.

You set the temperature with the front ring, and then the other ring with the handle sets the volume, or amount, of water you want.

The thermostatic cartridge does what it is suppose to do: Keep the temperature set where you want it to be. Therefore if the water heater starts sending cooler water, the cartridge automatically increases the hot, and decreases the cold.

Simple.

The best way to make sure you don't run out is to make certain you're using a water saver shower head, don't set the temp control to the hottest setting and don't set the volume to maximum.

Regards,
    Howard
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009