hansgrohe rough in for tub filler, how to set???

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Fox

Reaction score
The rough in for my hansgrohe tub filler fianlly arrived. I need to mount this rough in into a slab so the tub filler can fit on top of it and the tiled floor.

My problem is, how to set this rough in w/o pouring backfil concrete over it. The hot/cold lines enter in at the bottom and are threaded. I dont like the idea of concrete over connections especially threaded. I plan to use PEX. If I dont reinforce wit hconcrete back fill the tile around the tub filler is not supported.
A couple of ideas are: Backfill a recessed pocket to bolt the rough in to. Then bolt a steel plate higher up to floor surface to support the tile. I could level out seams with thinset etc.
Just dont know if this is a bad idea or good idea.

Anyone mount a hansgrohe rough in for a tub filler on slab, how do you do it.
Attached is a detailed view of the setup.
BTW. The idea of mounting on a box dosent appease the wife, its gotta look like the pics in the fancy home magazines:D

Thanks Chris

Attachments

• hansgrohe rough in.jpg
    hansgrohe rough in.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 355
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks