Hansgrohe ibox vs. Delta Multichoice

Users who are viewing this thread

aharami

Reaction score
I have a shower valve question. How is the hansgrohe ibox different than delta multichoice? Is one clearly better than the other? I tried googling but couldn't find a clear answer. Also will the ibox only work with hansgrohe products? Or will it work with other manufacturers trim kits also?

Thank you

spaces_hg_02.jpg

HansGrohe I-Box

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The rough-in valve is unique to a particular brand, and often, only certain trim within that brand. IOW, Delta's only works with some Delta trim - same with the other.

So, you need to choose what trim you want.

I've used the Delta unit, and it gives you a lot of flexibility - three different operating modes depending on the trim choice: single handle pressure balance, two handle with volume and temp control, or two handle thermostatic and volume control. Don't have any experience with the Hansgrohe.

delta-lahara-08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Just to be clear, on the Delta, I'm talking about the R10000 rough-in valve assembly - it is the one that can take those three different trim/cartridge components.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks