Hanging or anchoring copper tubing

Users who are viewing this thread

Riosman

Reaction score
I have new 3/4 tubing suspended under a raised floor using metal plumbers tape. There is plenty of room to work under the floor. In some areas I can anchor the tubing directly against the bottom of the floor joist. Other tubing needs to have a gap between the floor joists.
What are the requirements for anchoring the tubing? Is the metal strap ok? If so I can cut spacer blocks to fit between the tubing and the floor joist then tighten up the strap.
Is there off the shelf brackets for anchoring the tubing? What about noise cancellation?

Phil H2

Reaction score
There are hundreds of different types of pipe hangers/supports. Is the pipe parallel or perpendicular to the joist? I don't understand why you want to use spacer blocks. Pipe just hangs in pipe hangers. Some are more rigid than others. What is noise cancellation?

Prashster

Reaction score
galvanized straps against copper might be a no-no for you. My inspector made me use copper or plastic straps (to eliminate intermetal reactions) for copper water supplies and plastic straps or wood supports (to minimize abrasion) for the pvc waste

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I always use the plastic strap on copper.... lately I've been using it on PVC, found that it doesn't cut skin and leave me bloody as much as the metal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks