Handle Height - Toto Drake CST744SL for Comfort ADA

Users who are viewing this thread

thriftycanadian

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new and I love this site. Hopefully someone can help with a specific measurement for the Toto Drake Elongated, ADA height toilet.

There are no bath centres within a 2 hour drive that have this particular model set up and while I can get regular dimensions from the spec sheet it's the handle height from the floor and how far it extends out the side (beyond the porcelein tank) that I need.

The powder room has a great pedestal sink, and the current toilet is a low-back one piece with a push button top. But the top of Drake will come close to the bowl of the sink and I think the handle may be too close to actually fit into the available space. But......if someone can do these measurements from an installed toilet I would appreciate it.

1. Top of tank to top of handle
2. How far does the handle extend beyond the tank -- from the spec sheet it looks like the front of the tank is narrower than the back and the handle is no wider than the back measurement of 19.5 inches, but I can't be sure.

Thank you so much.

CarlH

Reaction score
1. Top of tank to top of handle

2 inches.

2. How far does the handle extend beyond the tank -- from the spec sheet it looks like the front of the tank is narrower than the back and the handle is no wider than the back measurement of 19.5 inches, but I can't be sure.

My guesstimate is 3/4 inch beyond the widest portion of the tank.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If it would help, many of the toilets can be ordered with the handle on the right verses the left. ADA codes require the handle to be on the "open" side, typically the door side, so they make the tank in both 'hands'.

Macman

Reaction score
We have one of these installed. The distance from the floor to the lowest point on the handle is 27.5 inches. I agree with CarlH's other dimensions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks