Handheld Shower with fixed head combo

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by brownizs, Jul 8, 2007.

1. brownizs

brownizs In the Trades

My wife & I are currently in the preliminary stages of planning for a major bathroom remodel, and looking at the choices for Tub/Shower units, we cannot find a all-in unit that also includes a handheld shower head.

Are there any manufacturers that sell the Fixed shower head with tub faucet unit, along with the divertor valve for a flex-hose handheld shower head, or will we end up going with the Tub/Shower & a secondary unit for the hand-held?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Almost everyone! You want a 3-way divertor: tub, fixed shower head, handheld. The tub spout would be a straight one (without a divertor in it). You may not find it in a "kit", but would have to buy the parts separately.
  3. brownizs

brownizs In the Trades

That is what I am thinking. The only factor is WILL the wife like it.
  4. AlwaysInHotWater

AlwaysInHotWater New Member

shower head and handheld

I would recommend an in-wall diverter valve and 2 outlets. 1 outlet in the 'standard' location for a wall type shower head and the other outlet at whatever position looks good to you for the hose. Adding a 90 degree wall union will let the hose hang down nicely against the wall. To hold the handheld, I like using a slide rail. Grohe makes some very nice valves that you may want to look at.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
  5. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Kohler & Dornbracht also.
  6. jrseaberg

jrseaberg New Member

Delta...

A few months ago, I bought a Delta "kit".

Delta: Innovations Series Single-Handle: lvr hdle, 3-hole installation, 5-1/4" spout - 540
    Color: Brilliance Pearl Nickel/Chrome with matching accents.

It has a single handle rough-in valve w/ two body sprays, trim kit, fixed shower head, and an additional outlet that I used for a hand-held shower on a bar. (I think they had the same set up for a bath/shower combo.) I think the rough-in valve had a "XO" in the model number, for "extra outlet".

I haven't energized it yet (still tiling), but I was impressed with the customer service at Delta. (I think it their site is www.deltafaucet.com) I HOPE their product is as impressive to me.

Jim

p.s. I'm not affiliated in any way with these sites; I'm just a DIYer.:p