Hand Pump Well

Users who are viewing this thread

Leafster

Reaction score
I have a camp that my Dad and I built. He had a well dug and casing and hand pump installed. It was never used to any extent except my boys pumping until they got water and they always can. The problem is that the water turns brown. I have heard that I need to pump out the well to get rid of this. Any suggestions please?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the well casing and/or the hand pump has steel pipe, the brown is probably just rust. You have to use a well and pump enough to keep the water from just sitting in the pipe and rusting.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
With more than one boy you can work them against each other. Give them a 55 gallon barrel a and start a competition. Whoever can fill the barrel the quickest gets 10 bucks or something. Young ones will work cheap but the older ones think they are worth 50 bucks an hour or so. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks