Hand pump? deep well

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Loghead, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Loghead

Loghead New Member

Can a hand pump be added to a submersiable 102ft dp well if loss of power were to occure for long period of time?. (Grid shutdown.)
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

You can screw a submersible on the bottom of a hand pump. The problem is trying to get the shaft seal at the top of the hand pump to hold as much pressure as the sub can build. Hand pumps were not meant for 40/60 pressure.
  3. Loghead

Loghead New Member

I was thinking more along the lines of running a 1.25 dia pipe separt but parallel to the submersiable pipe in the 4 in casing.
  4. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

If you can get them to fit side by side it will work well. The only problem there is finding a two hole well seal with the right size holes to get the well head sealed.
  5. Loghead

Loghead New Member

Thanks for your reply.
  6. David Alan

David Alan New Member

Thoughts on hand pump.....

Loghead,

Can I ask if you had located a nice quality handpump that will work effectively from your 102 ft depth, and at what price ?

David Alan :)