hand held shower unit

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by TacomaJake, Mar 2, 2011.

1. TacomaJake

TacomaJake New Member

We have an old claw foot bathtub and use a hand held shower unit, it resembles an old style French phone. This has always been a pain because the washers do not last long and are hard to replace or so I'm told by my plumber. We would like to replace it with a better one that maybe we could replace the washers ourselves. Can anyone recommend a good brand or type to look for?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

If you are looking for a complete unit, most of the new ones do NOT use washers. They have ceramic seals, which are almost lifetime guaranteed.