Hammer arrestor question

Users who are viewing this thread

Don

Reaction score
In my 1937 home I'm putting a new bath and bedroom in the attic..I installed Sioux Chief hammer arrestors at the tub/shower valve because plumbing books say you should..ok..no problem there.., toilet water supply ok too..but the bath sink makes the pipes sound like a machine gun..is there an (after stub out) like supply line arrestor I can install?..Don

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Sioux Chief

Yes, the 660-TR1 can attach to a 3/8" supply valve and your 3/8" supply line can attach to it. But I think you have other problems that need to be addressed that are causing this type of water hammer shock. I always investigate the toilet first as they seem to be the most common cause. Cheap or faulty ballcocks (fill valve) in the toilet that cause hammer when water pressure fluctuates from a nearby faucet opening or closing. Could be several other causes but I'd check the toilet first.

Don

Reaction score
Thanks Clayton...I haven't installed the toilet yet...I was testing with compression fit supply valves and lines on the 1/2" dia. copper stub outs, before I installed the sheetrock..I'll check out the 660-TRI at my local plumbing supply..still trying to get up the nerve to unpack a new Champion toilet I just bought..gotta love the reviews..YIKES...Don

Last edited by a moderator:

John Aull

Reaction score
Don -

You're always a winner with the Champion - I don't care what your OTHER neighbors say.

Just a neighbor. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks