Half Bath layout - please check

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by pghsebring, May 24, 2010.

1. pghsebring

pghsebring DIY Member

Here's what i'm thinking for replumbing the half bath.

[​IMG]

Yes, the lav vent goes up the wall, out the roof. The drain hole in the basement floor is where it is, that's why i have to offset over to it with the 45s.

A few questions:

1. Should i put a cleanout in position A or position B? What is the optimal height for the center of a cleanout?

2. Is the layout fine, in regards to the toilet? What's the furthest distance i can go to the toilet before i need to add a vent, or do i need a vent regardless? If i need a vent, is there an easy way to go up the wall behind the toilet? What fitting would i use?

3. Should i use 2" for the lav drain and vent piping, or just 1.5"?

4. See any other problems? Anything look impossible, wrong, etc?

Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You put the cleanout at a height were it will be convenient to access it. Your joists should be a 16" o.c. so if you are only crossing 3 of them, you should be within the limits for the toilet opening. As long as there is not a second story above this bathroom using that vent pipe as a drain, you should be okay, assuming you actually install the piping the way you have it drawn.
  3. pghsebring

pghsebring DIY Member

The whole bathroom is only 5' wide, so i can't be crossing more than 3 i imagine. What's the distance limit on the toilet drain?

There is no second story.