had great pressure now just a trickle????

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by pllckjsh, Aug 9, 2010.

1. pllckjsh

pllckjsh New Member

hey guys quick question i just remodeled my bath at home and put in a new moen faucet. I had great pressure out of the old faucet but now i just get a trickle. It wont even know the tooth patse off a tooth brush. I have replaced to shut offs(after problem was found) and cleaned the faucet guts real good the only other thing i can think of is the cartridge that is doing this? any idea's

Thanks Josh in ohio
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

remove the aerator on the faucet and clean it out
  3. jeffeverde

jeffeverde New Member

Like Jimbo said, the most likely culprit is debris in the aerator screen. If that's okay, do you have good water flow from the shut off valves directly? (disconnect the supply line from the faucet and run it into a bucket). If both those check out, then the faucet cartridge is all that's left.